12.01.2009

WAT's-THE-WORD on The Empire State of Mind?!


Mom and I listened to Jay Z again and she asked me WAT's-THE-WORD on Jay Z's "Empire State of Mind"... I decided I don't like it anymore, because I don't like the beat. She wondered if that was it, but I don't like some of the words he uses, like when he says "showing skin"... Kind of embarrassing.

She asked me what I do like... I do like that he talks about NYC because that's where I live! And especially how he calls it "the city that never sleeps"... because I don't like to sleep either! I like the girl's voice, Alicia Keys I believe, how she says there's nothing you can't do in NY... because there is so much you CAN do in NY. Mom said she liked the name and asked me if I agreed... I don't like the name "Empire State of Mind".

Wait!!! I DO like it. I like it because I have New York in my brain too!


Then Mom and I listened to Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" and she asked me WAT's-THE-WORD... She again wanted to know what I liked. I can tell you what I don't like...I don't like the beat, because it is the same thing over and over. But I like his suit, too bad he has big teeth in his picture on iTunes. And compared to Jay Z, I like that he says the city never sleeps too.

"So it seems like you DO like the song", Mom said. She is right... I changed my mind. I DO like the song, especially when he says he's the king of NY. I like his voice and the way he sings is better than the singing in the Jay Z song.

She wanted me to picked which one I liked better, but I really can't say. The two songs are so different, that I can't really compare them. Even though they were both about New York, they didn't really remind me of each other, even though sometimes they talked about the same stuff. Like not sleeping, and doing anything. I liked them both, equal amounts. And that's THAT! Both videos give me WAT's-THE-WORD on the Empire State of Mind!

ANIELLO

No comments:

Post a Comment